1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool, cotton and blends. I have not tried to many "brands" yet.. However, Lorna's Laces is awesome! Arylic yarn!! YUCK
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case.. Trying to figure out something to store my circular needles in. I have a make-up bag for all my "extras" & hooks.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for a year now by taking a class @ Michael's. I would say I am intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No... but I have many wishes!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Yankee candles are my FAV! I prefer the spicy type candles. Christmas time, my fav is Home for the Holidays.. It is almost time for me to break it out!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes! I have alot of "you know what I could go for" moments. However, my family owns a local chocolate store and I prefer their stuff.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin myself around all the time! However, I do not "spin" yarn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Green Day is my all time FAV band. Right now I am into Jacks' Maniquenn and Death Cab for Cutie. I am MP3 ready.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Orange, YUCK!! Not my color! I love pinks, purples, blues, turquoise.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 5 kids. Paige is 13, Bailey 10, Abby 8, Parker 6 and Izzie 4. The youngest 4 will all have birthdays in Nov/Dec. I have been married to Mike for 13 years now.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, not really, no and no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love doing socks but they take so long! Sweaters, purses and scarves just to name to few.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am working on the Ball-Band dishclothes and a christmas gift.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
My addi turbos are my fav!!!!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 months old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Things with dragonflies on them.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would like to try socks that rock, cashmere, silk, bamboo yarn. I do not have any subscriptions at the moment.One book that I look forward to getting is the Magic Loop book.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
The Möbius Scarf
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements.
Yes!! 9 inches around the widest part. (yes, WIDE) I do like my socks a bit tight. Overall length, 10 inches and 2 inche heel.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)