Wow, 2006 is over already?? Where did the time go? Looking back over the year, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that 2006 would end the way it has. It is funny to reflect on my 2006 New Year's resolutions and see which ones I stuck to.
My 2006 New Year's Resolutions
1. Spend more time with my kids. (I sure did that this summer! I did feel a little guilty about being so happy about them going back to school. My happy link here.)
2. To be a better mother, wife, sister and friend. (I think I did this on some levels. Wife? I try, but could try harder. Mother? Ask my kids, they love me one day and hate me the next. Sister? Her and I have grown a bit apart the last few months. Her life is going in a different direction than mine but that is ok. I love her still the same and always will. Friends? Well, the friends I had in the beginning of 2006 are no longer my friends. Not a choice I made, but we only have so many hours in the day to maintain relationships. The year has ended with my BEST FRIENDS in the whole world back in my life vs not at the start of 2006. I am ending the year with the best support system that a girl could ask for. For once in my life, I have people in my life who truly care about me, people to count on, friends who I can be "me with. What more could a girl ask for? besides Diamonds... Which last long after you are gone. )
3. To move on.... (Ha, Ha, Ha, this has to do with the friend thing. Well, I guess since they are back in my life, I didn't move on very well. I am glad I didn't move on, I am glad I held on to hope that it would work out in the end. It has worked out better than I could ever imagine!! Unimaginable!!!!!!!!!!!)
4. Loose 15lbs. (Well, I didn't loose 15lbs but didn't gain any either.)
My 2007 New Year's Resolutions
1. Be a better mother, sister & girlfriend. (A person can always improve on relationships, right?)
2. Not to make any more resolutions cause in end, I will try my best and then I did what I could.
Favorite Things of 2006
My hubby, kids, Suz, Dave, the E. kids, my sister, knitting (still can't, damn shoulder), Jack's Mannequin, Ok Go, DCFC, vodka, camping, my ipod, my space, coffee, seeing DCFC & OK GO, closing weekend of camping (bring it on), Sept 15th, family dinners, Christmas (It rocked!! We had the best Christmas EVER), Grey's, going to bands, my jeans (U know the ones), Red Bull (for those not-normal tired days), Family Guy, Halloween, Fudgienuckles, scavenger hunt, Extreme Make-over, Tony's Party aka Dallas Weekend, Girls Ride, 4th of July, Suz's Birthday and last buy not least May 18th.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I can say 2007 has so much to look forward too. It's all GOOD!